Anthony Philip Bowyer
- Athletics Correspondent for Huddersfield Examiner
- BBC Logger
- Huddersfield Giants match-day programme contributor and media placement
- VincoSport contributor and Twitter commentator
Currently I am in my final year of undergraduate study at the University of Huddersfield and will be graduating in July 2013. The course has taught me how to work in the Print, Radio and Television industries the skills to work in all of them professionally. I can offer you good journalism to a tight deadline every time.
- BBC Sport – Summer 2012 – Part of the Logging and Tagging team for every live feed during the Olympics and Paralympics at Media City, working with the 6pm and 10pm news bulletin staff and the sports desk.
- BBC Sport – December 2011 – Placement with Celebrate Sport, showing the public and school children the excellence of sport in the UK.
- BBC SPOTY Rehearsals Assistant – December 2011 – Helping with the preparation for the event, working with the presenters, practicing timings and camera shots, as well as representing the guests for the rehearsals.
- Huddersfield Giants – Season 2011 – Contributing feature articles for their programmes, as well as interviewing playing staff, and producing stuff for their website.
- Huddersfield Giants- 2012 onwards – Media placement involved with press releases, programme stories and news stories at the club, whilst also working match-days in an events management role.
- VincoSport – 2012 onwards – Providing articles on athletes and races, as well as Twitter commentary and Facebook news from live events.
- Huddersfield Examiner – Ongoing – Continually sending and getting published sports stories about local athletics clubs in Huddersfield.
- My Retail Heaven – 2010/2011 – Online contributor to magazine, ranging in topics about issues in lifestyles.
- Coaching – Ongoing – Coaching in the community and at club level. Includes football (FA Level 1) and athletics (Assistant Coach).
University of Huddersfield
Undergraduate Degree in Sports Journalism
The London School of Journalism
Honours Diploma in Freelance Sports Writing.
International School of Paphos Paphos Cyprus
- 3 A levels and 4 AS levels
- Cambridge Outstanding Achiever Award 2009 – Highest mark in Cyprus for Cambridge International A Level Literature in English.
- Cypriot Leaving Certificate (Apolyterian) 2008-2009
- School House and Football Captain (2008-2009)
- Senior Sports Male of the Year (2008-2009)
- Sports Day Champion (2007-2008) – Gaining the most points over 5 events in the 6th Form.
- Model United Nations (2008) – Representation of an individual country and its political and religious views in a junior version of the United Nations.
2002 – 2007
John Hampden Grammar School High Wycombe England
10 GCSE A*-C (Including Maths and English)
Captain of the Football and Athletics Teams (Years 7-11). Represented Bucks Athletics (2005).
Board of Students – A select few students, one from each year, to help with the interviewing of most senior members of staff (Years 9-11).
Mother Tongue = English
Valid Full UK Driving Licence
Proficient in the use of Burli Newsroom, Adobe Audition, Adobe InDesign and Avid Video Editing software
Shorthand – 40 w.p.m
I am an athletic individual, currently competing as an athlete for Skyrac Athletics Club. I have a wide range of knowledge about many different sports.
Media and Marketing Manager
The John Smiths Stadium
Stadium Way, Leeds Road
Telephone: 01484 484 (ext)
Mobile: 07718 602417
DR Martin Cooper
University of Huddersfield Senior Lecturer
Media and Journalism
Telephone: 01484 478407